Achieve The Dream Of Home Ownership
First Time Homebuyers
Purchasing your first home will undoubtedly be one of the most exciting times of your life, and SJSA is committed to making the experience a good one. The best advice we can give you is to align yourself with the right people who have only you and your family's best interest in mind.
We have developed solid trust-based relationships with leading lenders and real estate agents who will guide you every step of the way. Collectively, we have one common goal, which is to make you feel secure in your decisions and confident that you are in the right hands!
A Few Things To Consider Before You Start Looking For Your New Home
- Determine a price range that is realistic and comfortable for you and your family
- Gather your income and asset verification paperwork such as your past two years tax returns, W-2's, and past three months bank statements so that when you are pre-qualified, your lender can make an accurate assessment
- Let SJSA help you get pre-qualified by a seasoned mortgage professional – we know the best of the best!
- Learn about the many first-time homebuyer programs available that provide assistance with down payment and closing costs
- Let us help you find a real estate agent who will negotiate the best deal for you and your family – our agents are second to none!
Need Our Help?
Let’s talk about how we can help make your homeownership dream a reality!
The Choice Is Yours
Why Should I Select My Own Title Insurance Agent?
You want to make sure your title insurance company is working for you and only you! Many title companies have affiliated business arrangements (ABA’s) with real estate companies and lenders that are not necessarily always in the best interest of the consumer. Consumers are encouraged to research and fact check to ensure every dollar spent is valid and necessary.
- Select a title company that has only you and your family's best interest at hand
- Don’t be afraid to shop around for title insurance
- Understand and negotiate add-on and closing fees
- Negotiate seller paid closing costs which will often include title insurance
Realtor And Mortgage Professionals
Purchasing A Home Doesn’t Have To Be Stressful
Purchasing a new home is a very exciting time, but it can be very stressful, too. SJSA can help you make well-informed decisions that are best suited for you and your family. If you need help locating a seasoned realtor or lender, we can introduce you to the best in the business because we only work with agents and lenders who put their customers first.
Rest assured, our realtor and lender community will provide the highest level of customer service that will surpass your expectations! Our experienced professionals will assist you every step of the way regardless of the transaction type, the dollar amount involved, or how long it may take you to find your dream home.
Still Have Questions?
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The title insurance industry has been widely criticized over the last several years; and a lot of it is well deserved because consumers are being up-charged in order for title companies to “kick-back” in exchange for business. This practice is not only unlawful but also violates best practices as required by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. We highly encourage our clients to fact-check and shop around to ensure every dollar you are charged is both valid and necessary.
The first step is to get prequalified by a mortgage banker or lender who will compute your purchasing power and calculate how much you can afford each month. Your mortgage professional will determine if you are creditworthy based on your credit history and will establish how much you can afford each month based on income earned over the past two years. If you are a first-time homebuyer, don’t miss out on the many opportunities available for down payment and closing cost assistance.
If our mortgage professionals determine that you are not quite ready to purchase a home due to credit blemishes, they have the “know-how” to help you clean up bad credit and re-establish good credit. Our team of professionals will stick by you throughout the entire process, working closely to guide you through the proper steps needed in order for you to become a proud homeowner.