You want to make sure your title insurance company is working for you and not any other entity involved in the transaction. Many title agencies have affiliated business arrangements (ABA’s) with real estate companies and lenders that are not always in the best interest of the consumer.
Often, consumers are “up charged” because the title agent is paying for services that benefit the realtor or lender, so we encourage consumers to research and fact check to make sure every dollar spent is valid and necessary. As a new home buyer, doing a little research will almost always save you money.
If your mortgage lender or realtor is trying to coerce you into using a title insurance agency they select for you, we recommend you err on the side of caution. This is where we say “BUYER BEWARE”!
Your title insurance policy is the only thing that protects your investment. Therefore, it is imperative that you select a company that you feel has only your best interest at hand, and not someone else’s!
SJSA works with the best of the best. Our partners are solid professionals who take their profession seriously.
They understand the importance of educating consumers and making sure they are well versed in all the steps necessary for home purchasing. We know it’s a time that can be very exciting, but it can also be very stressful.
How We Can Help
If you should need help finding seasoned realtors or mortgage professionals with the know-how to help you reach your goals, we can make those introductions as well. Rest assured, our realtor and lender community will provide the highest level of customer service that will surpass your expectations!
Our experienced professionals will assist you, regardless of the transaction type, the dollar amount involved, or how long it will take you to find your dream home. Let us align you with the absolute best of the best, and you’ll be happy you did!
Here Are A Few Things To Consider Before You Begin Searching For A New Home
- Determine a price range that is realistic and comfortable for you and your family
- Gather your income and asset verification paperwork such as past two years tax returns, W-2, and past three months bank statements so that when you are pre-qualified, your lender can make an accurate assessment
- Let SJSA help you get pre-qualified by a seasoned mortgage professional – we know the best of the best!
- Become well informed about the many first-time homebuyer products available that assist with down payment and closing costs
- Fact check and shop around for title insurance and don’t settle with a company that is chosen for you. Take time to school yourself on exactly what a title insurance policy means to you as a new homeowner, because it’s truly the only thing that protects your investment.
Contact South Jersey Settlement Agency today for a free consultation at 856.690.1121.